Sat January 19, 2013

24 Frames Reviews: The Last Stand

Credit collider.com

"Get to the Choppa!"

"It's not a tumor."

"I'll be back."

"Hasta la vista, baby."

"I will destroy California!"

If Arnold Schwarzenegger is known for anything other than bankrupting the state of California, it's for his magnificent delivery of one-liners(that last one was made up by the way).

Read more
Blogs
4:10 pm
Fri January 18, 2013

24 Frames: Best Films of 2012(VIDEO)

The best films of 2012. This aired as part of 24 Frames on January 17th. 

Read more
Blogs
2:56 pm
Thu January 10, 2013

24 Frames Reviews: Zero Dark Thirty

The death of Osama Bin Laden in 2011 was a time of national and self reflection. Staring at the television set, tears welling in my eyes, I didn’t imagine his death would affect me the way it did. I was a college Freshman on September 11th 2001 and I will never forget how vulnerable I felt, and while Bin laden’s death didn’t make me safer, or didn’t actually mean that we won a war, I still felt relieved, that a giant burden had been lifted.

Read more
Channel 5
4:01 pm
Mon January 7, 2013

24 Frames Reviews: Django Unchained

I could tell you that Quentin Tarantino is a provocateur, but you already know that. I could tell you that he uses the "n" word too liberally and with a little too much zest, you know that too. I could tell you his latest film "Django Unchained" is causing controversy for those reasons, once again, you probably know this.  I could go through all the reasons some of the choices he makes are wrong, or morally, socially, and historically reprehensible but then I'd be telling you something you already believe, or that you don't believe at all.

Read more

Pages